Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Waiting Game

I find myself sitting at a catalyst. The newspaper hasn't contacted me yet, and so I have a choice to make. I can wait longer or just go to Berlitz and take the job. There are plenty of pros for going back to teaching. The money. I'm use to it. The hours are sucky but not so bad. I know how to do it. I get 13 days of paid vacation.

But the newspaper job would provide me with valuable experience. The hours would suck, and the pay wouldn't be much. But I suppose my pride is getting in the way a bit. I don't want to go back to teaching English. In a way, I feel like a failure. I set out to get an office job and then going back to teaching English feels like I failed. It's not a big deal, but for some reason I keep holding off going to Berlitz. I need a job, but I want the newspaper job. And it looks like I'm not getting the newspaper job because, let's face it, if they were seriously going to hire me, they would have contacted me by now. The job starts on June 1st and I need time to get a visa and two weeks is not long enough. Unless they think I have a visa that lets me change jobs easily.

Argh, I guess all I can do is try calling the newspaper and seeing what they say. I don't know what to say really. "Hi, I'm the girl that you keeping blowing off about the copyeditor position. I was just wondering if it's still open and if you really want to hire me? Because I need a job and I'm going to my old English institute if you're not serious."

Oi...keep praying you all...I'm about to pull my hair out...

No comments:

Post a Comment