Monday, May 25, 2009

Rude Awakening

So, as some of you may know, I haven't been sleeping well lately. Last night I woke up at 2 a.m. after a horrible nightmare that someone had broken into my apartment (that's what I get for watching too much CSI, Law and Order, etc.) and couldn't get back to sleep so I stayed up until about 5 a.m. watching So You Think You Can Dance. I set my alarm for 10:30 a.m. Even though I'm unemployed, I need to start getting into a more normal sleeping pattern so I can actually be productive during the day and not lay around like a bum.

So, I'm in bed and then suddenly there is banging on my door around 7:30 a.m. I was half asleep and didn't know what was going on so I ignored it. It came again, so I got up and came out of my bedroom in time to see my landlady and her husband unlocking my front door. She's shouting something about water, so I automatically pick up Issie and run towards the laundry because I know she means the washing machine.

I call Jung Min, because I figure I should have someone explain what's going on. They work for a bit. The landlady talks to Jung Min and seems to be upset. The machine is fixed, my kitchen has water and gross stuff trailed to the bathroom where they dumped the water (the floor I had just swept and mopped yesterday) and they leave. Jung Min then tells me that the landlady blames me for the washing machine (which I haven't touched in a week, mind you) and that she is angry that the apartment is so dirty (which it wasn't). Since I was up and couldn't go back to sleep, I spend the next two hours scrubbing the floor, picking up clutter, cleaning my room, picking up clothes, etc. I was a bit pissed about the washing machine. That wasn't my fault. And that she keeps complaining about the apartment and not being about to rent it out after I leave. My lease isn't up until the end of September, so I'm not moving out anytime soon. Ugh.

But, on a happy note, I am happy to have the apartment cleaner than it's been since I moved in. I'm already calculating how much she's going to insist on taking out of my deposit for the floor that is ripped in my room (moving the bed for cleaning purposes) the ripped wallpaper (was like that when I got here, but I know she's going to insist it's my fault), the sink ( stopper got stuck and my friend made it worse by trying to fix it, the sink was horrible and needed replacing anyway). I'm wondering if there is anything I can do now to help offset that. And to get myself back into my landlady's good graces again... and perhaps to get her to stop checking in on my apartment when I'm not home and going into my bedroom while I'm here when the door is shut.

Ugh...like I need more drama right now...At least she didn't tell me to get rid of Issie again...

No comments:

Post a Comment