Monday, May 25, 2009

Hanguk-o yosshimi kongbuheyo.

So, I'm still waiting on The Times, but I won't get into that more...

I'm incredibly happy with how my Korean lessons are going. I went to a coffee shop and studied for about three hours and then met my teacher for about 2 and a half hours. I actually had a successful, complete conversation in Korean that my teacher understood. (Granted it took awhile to complete each sentence.) But my teacher was very impressed and said that she was going to brag to her professor about how much progress I made in two months. I think my success for today was due to the hours I spent studying, so I'm planning to go back tomorrow for a couple hours. I got a lot of homework this week, and I just need to work on building my vocabulary.

So, I'm determined to really work at it. My teacher thinks that within five more months I should be able to watch Korean television shows and be able to understand most of it. I don't know what it is, but there is something fulfilling about learning a language. Today I read a paragraph about a party and understood all of it as I was reading. It's crazy. Though, sadly my listening comprehension is still pretty bad... Jung Min said she would speak in Korean from now on to help me work on it and to get me practicing speaking more since I still speak rather slowly.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to everyone coming to visit so I can show off my amazing Korean skills. ^_^ Misuda, here I come!! Give me five more months and I'll be ready. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment