Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sort of good news,,,

So, the Times contacted me today. I'm at the top of their list, but they are still waiting on management. I guess to OK the hire or something. Anyway, he said wait a couple more days and HOPEFULLY he'll have some news for me. Of course, last time he said HOPEFULLY by Friday I would have something for you. And the time before that HOPEFULLY I'll have something for you by the first of May. I've been hanging on HOPEFULLY for about two months now.

I'm happy that he contacted me. But this time, I'm just not that excited about HOPEFULLY having news for me in a couple days. It could be a couple days (which I doubt) or it could be a week or a couple weeks. But at the same time, I'm not as worried as I was before. I'm looking for some private students and freelance work, so hopefully I can get enough to generate some funds to get me through without completely depleting my savings.

So, for now I'm just going to go to a coffee shop and study Korean for a bit and hang out with Stella for a bit. Then come home and have my home-cooked kimchi jigae for dinner. Hopefully, my friends will help me out a bit and I can set up some private lessons. I hesitate to get a lot because I could be working in a couple weeks, but it's better to be safe than sorry, right?

But on a brighter note, here is a picture of me and Yong Sang from our trip to Lotte World last week. Perhaps the most fun pseudo-date I've ever been on...

No comments:

Post a Comment