Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I think I want to be single forever...

…or at least until I move to Hong Kong to open a mermaid-themed steakhouse.

The date with Hoon last night was a stark reminder that I’m not ready for another relationship, even if it isn’t serious. And that I have to tell this to Hoon, because in his young, naivete, he’s progressing much faster than I would like.

We went to see a movie, which was in French so I understood none of it, and then had an awkward late dinner because we really couldn’t talk without Stella. He’s a sweet guy, but I just can’t bring myself to get excited about going on more dates with him. Especially if we can’t talk to each other. So, I’m going to have to explain (through Stella) that we’re just friends. And that I really don’t want to go to church with him on Sunday…

Communication is a HUGE part of relationships and one that I value most because I love those little moments when I can just talk with someone forever about anything and everything, no matter how serious or stupid it is. I can’t have that with Hoon.

And I’m starting to see parts of his age come out. I didn’t think it mattered that he was 2 years younger than me, but again, in Korea, that can be a big difference. Stella has noticed it and while she really likes Hoon, she agrees that I’m not really ready. Plus…I kind want to be able to bring my guy friends to The Bar, but the whole staff thinks I’m dating Hoon, so that makes things a little tricky…Ugh…this is why everyone should follow the “Platinum Rule”.

Bleh…boys…

No comments:

Post a Comment