Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Looking for a Silver Lining

Ever get that feeling that after a bunch of crap has rained down on you that something good is about to happen?

I don’t know what it is, but at lunch today I was sitting in Coffee Bean reading a book and I suddenly felt the full weight of everything that is happening to me. I had been trying so hard to stay positive and not worry about finding a job or get stressed out, but I slipped this afternoon. It was quite depressing, and one look out the window at the cold, rainy day didn’t make me feel any better. Everything seems to be going wrong. No one is calling me about resumes, my love life is in shambles, and work is barely tolerable. I feel like an anvil was sitting on my chest.

I couldn’t even bring myself to eat lunch. I’ve been walking around like a zombie today.

When I got back to the office, I decided that I was going to try to ease a bit of the pressure, and finally got the courage to call The Korea Times about their editing position. It was a really confusing call and I got no information from it whatsoever, but for some reason it lifted my spirits a little. At least I did something. I decided then that I would email the copy editor again and then send my resume to the managing editor as well. I sent an email to my contact there and she suggested that I do just that and wished me luck.

So, I didn’t receive any positive word yet, but for some reason I feel like something great is about to happen. It has to, right? Of course this now means that I’m going to be refreshing my email inbox every two seconds. But it’s worth it. At least now I’ve reminded them that I’m here. And at least I got word that the position is actually open. (The one thing that I gleaned from the girl on the phone…)

I’ll know something about my job soon. I’m just ready to get something settled. You all know me and know that patience is not my forte. This has been a true test of that. Hopefully, something will happen soon…I just want some answers…

No comments:

Post a Comment