Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Back in Seoul

So, I'm back in Seoul and back to work. Going home for a week and a half really re-energized me and helped me get my center back. Work is going along much more smoothly and I'm not so cranky anymore. Also, I'm hoping this going to bed early and getting up at 6:30 am thing continues (jet lag, gotta love it). I was very productive this morning and washed all the the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. Normally, this isn't much of an undertaking, but my roommate didn't really do dishes (at all) while I was gone and there was quite a mess greeting me when I walked in last night. She did say she would do them, but I wanted to cook this morning and to do so, I needed access to the stove, which meant washing dishes...

But back to my trip...

I spent most of my time with my parents, sister and little brother, but I got to see extended family on Thanksgiving and some old friends from college. I also went down to Chandler and saw my old high school teacher that I haven't seen in about five or so years. She was excited to see me and I ended up doing an improv lecture/Q&A on living in South Korea. It was fun and the kids asked some good questions. And, not gonna lie, it was cool being treated a little bit like a rock star. My teacher kept mentioning that I, too, was a Chandler grad and proof that Chandler grads can get out of Oklahoma and do great things (not sure how great editing is, but I let her run with it).

But more than anything, I hope I was able to spark an interest in some of the kids in exploring the world a bit more. So many people from Chandler end up never leaving Oklahoma and getting married and having kids right after school without going out and trying new things. So, I hoped that talking about my job and experiences showed them that they have access to a whole world of opportunities. A bunch of them had more questions about what kind of jobs you could have in Korea and what you should study in college to do them, so I think I encouraged a few. ^_^

We also did a family photoshoot. Here are some of my favorites!






No comments:

Post a Comment