Thursday, October 28, 2010

G20 and Other Things

Halloween is almost here!

But that's not the point of this post...

More importantly, the G20 is almost here!!

That, I am looking forward to. Partially because work will seem so busy that those two days will fly right on by, and partially because it's going to make for some interesting news with all those world leaders here. And I feel kind of special working at a news company and being in Seoul for such a huge global event. (Maybe I am turning into a news nerd...) I hope that it can help Korea step up a few notches on the international stage, but really, who knows. I've heard foreigners talk about Seoul not being ready for it, but one thing I love about Korea is its ability to surprise you. So, I'm going to keep a positive outlook for the G20. Even though the US Embassy sent me an email today warning about possible 'violent' demonstrations...

And after the G20 is said and done, I'm off to home sweet home. I'm really looking forward to my Thanksgiving trip, though I hope I've saved up enough money for it. I keep making lists of things I want to get while I'm there and I'm terrified of over-spending. Though I suppose if it comes down to it, I'm just going to have to cut some things off my list. (Or limit the candy for the office to just 2 bags...)

But I do seriously want to stock up on OTC meds like giant bottles of Advil and other stuff that's hard to get here. (Ladies, you know what I'm talking about...) And maybe get some chili seasoning and Ranch dressing packets. I suppose my list of 'American things' will probably have to wait until I'm walking through Wal-Mart or Target because at the moment, I just can't think of stuff that I can't get here. Probably because I've gone so long without it...

Methinks I'm going to have to take my largest suitcase...

No comments:

Post a Comment