Friday, September 24, 2010

I Need to Study Korean More

I seriously wish I could magically speak Korean fluently.

I spent a cumulative 9 months studying, and I was actually getting somewhere, but then I got so busy that I couldn't keep up with it. And now that it's been a few months since I last studied, I can definitely tell that I've forgotten a lot. Back then, I was close to being able to complete a basic conversation, and now I'm back to totally lost.

More than anything, it's frustrating that I can't do things on my own here. If I could speak Korean fluently, I could call and book the moving company or call my landlady on my own. I wouldn't have to bug my friends to do everything for me.

I really, really want to get better at Korean. But it's going to take a lot of time and energy. I studied Spanish for five years and I can barely speak a word of it, so I hoping that I have better luck with Korean. Sometimes I feel like I'm really stupid when it comes to languages, which is super frustrating. It doesn't help that I constantly get 'But you've been here for three years. Why don't you speak Korean more?'

So, my goal for this year... Study Korean and become semi-fluent. I think I can do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment