Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Update!


Alas, it has been too long. So I’ll post something here because I hate seeing the date of my last post…

This summer has been amazing for so many reasons, granted none of them are because awesome vacations or trips (that I swore to myself I would take!).

Started off with a wonderful CLASH 2.0. It wasn’t as big as the first CLASH, but we raised more than expected and I had the pleasure of meeting someone quite wonderful, himself. More on that later… Anyway, the night went so well, that whilst out celebrating, I had a bit much celebrating and tripped and broke my left pinky knuckle on the way home.

I was in a splint for two weeks and now I’m halfway through a 4-week stint in a cast. Not the cool part of my summer.

Anywho, moving on…
The cool part has been my job. I really feel like I’m an entertainment reporter now. I just finished the first in a two-part series looking into expat hip-hop in Korea for the Expat Living page. (Link here à Expat Hip-hop) And I’m about to start a 3-week run of festival coverage, starting with Jisan Valley Rock Festival this weekend, then Ultimate Music Festival next weekend and rounding it off with Pentaport. All will have reviews by yours truly in the Monday issues. (And I get to go to all the festivals for free. ^_^ Yay for Radiohead and Snow Patrol!)
After that, I get to start on my very own, first ever, entertainment page series on non-Koreans in the entertainment industry. So, freakin’ excited. I’m going to interview Black Ilumin, Jesse Day, Robert Holley, Scott Hellowell (YB Band) and possibly Bronwyn Mullen. And if I’m lucky, I might also get to do stories on some of the foreigners in k-pop. I’m hoping for the two girls in f(x) (Amber and Victoria), maybe the two from Miss A (Fei and Jia) and I really wanted to interview Nickhun, but since his DUI yesterday, I’m not sure we’ll be able to get close to him for the next six months… or ever…
So, work is definitely keeping me busy this summer. So busy that I barely have time to see Mr. Wonderful, whom I met at CLASH. He is a good friend of one of my good friends, and really wanted to help us meet our donation goal, so he personally donated 100,000 won. It’s been about a month that we’ve been dating and he’s been out of town for the last week and a half. I’m anxious to meet up, but between Jisan and all his catch-up stuff with work, it’s looking like next week. Bummer. But at least we have Kakao and the phone. ^_^
So that’s about it. I leave you with a lovely shot of my cast…



1 comment:

  1. My husband moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i cried but while i was browsing i saw a comment about_____________________{{Robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com}} how he restored someone's relationship, i contact him and told him my problem and after 24 hours, my Husband came back and promised never to leave me again.................https://robinbuckler.com/

    ReplyDelete