Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Week of Crazy

Bleh... so I've had a crazy week...

It started last week. I noticed my sister had a Facebook status message about being shocked from something. I sent her a message asking what it was about, thinking maybe it had something to do with her ex-boyfriend. But then she told me that she was shocked because our real dad had called her after nearly 19 years of no contact. AND he told her that we have an 8-year-old little sister named Haley who wants to see and meet us.

So, that on threw us for a loop. Especially my sister who doesn't remember anything really about our Dad. But I'm dealing with it, and I kind of do want to talk to him and meet our sister. I'm not really sure what to say or anything. Kind of throws life a bit upside down.

In the midst of all this, I tried calling my boyfriend to talk to him and he was busy at work and couldn't meet me. So Thursday I sent him some messages and didn't hear from him. I was out with friends and they wanted to meet him, so I called, but his phone was turned off.

I didn't worry about it, just thought he was in a meeting. Friday comes and I sent him a message wishing him a Happy Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving), but still no reply. I didn't bother with a message on Saturday because I figured he was busy with family stuff. Sent him a message about Chuseok on Sunday and still didn't hear anything. Now I'm thinking something is going on, but I'm not sure what. Monday came, another message and no reply.

By the time Tuesday came around, I'm really starting to worry. The last time I didn't hear anything from him for a few days, his brother had a heartattack. I tried calling, but his phone was still off. By Tuesday night, I'm starting to think something must really be wrong. Either he's in the hospital, his family is in the hospital, or he has decided that he doesn't want to have anything to do with me again... Yea, I had a lot of time to think about the possibly scenarios. I hoped that whatever the case was, that he would eventually call. Especially since everything seemed fine when I talked to him on Wednesday.

Anyway, as a last resort, I sent an email to his work account. Lo and behold, I get a response. He apologizes for making me worry and said that he got robbed and broke his phone in the process this weekend. He'd been so busy at work, he hadn't gotten it fixed yet and was hoping to get it back today.

And since he only had my number in his phone and didn't have my business card, he didn't know how to contact me since he doesn't have Facebook, etc.

Part of me is a bit skeptical, but I have no reason to believe that he would lie to me. However, it is a bit strange that within the time we've been together, he lost his phone, his brother had a heart attack and then he gets robbed and breaks his phone. Anywho, regardless of what happened, I'm just glad he's okay and he's back in contact with me.

So, that was my crazy week... Now, if I would just get my paycheck, I would feel much more at ease...

No comments:

Post a Comment