Monday, July 27, 2009

Rock bands are the most fun a rock concerts

So, I had the most awesome opportunity yesterday to go to the Jisan Valley Rock Festival. I was suppose to go on Friday, but an unexpected schedule change put a kink in my plans and I didn't think I could go.

But then I found out that my friends in Phonebooth were going on Sunday, so in a last minute decision, I decided that I would go to Jisan, even though I wasn't one hundred percent sure about public transportation on the way back.

I got down there, met up with my friends just in time for the Asian Kung Fu Generation. I was so excited because I've wanted to see them play for a really long time. I pull out my camera, and discover that the battery is dead. I was soo upset. But it turned out okay. My friends brought their cameras, so I asked them to email pictures if they could.

Anyway, Asian Kung Fu Generation was awesome. They played "Reraito" and "After Dark". I got a little clip on my phone, but I can't figure out how to get it onto my computer. I can send pictures to my email, but it won't let me send video clips. Bleh...

After AKFG, we hung out on the picnic mats. There was a big group of people there, and I sat with Kwang Sun and Hye Won. They had some how managed to sneak in a bunch of drinks and food, so we had a fairly good party going on. Pattie Smith was on next and was a lot of fun, though a bit too much politics. It was cool that she was calling out for peace and saying we need to treat the environment better, but then she went on and on about nuclear weapons, etc. But still it was a good time and everyone sang along with "Because the Night" and "Gloria".

After Pattie Smith, we got some food and drinks and headed back in time to catch Jet. Tae Woo was super excited...and Hye Won was already a bit drunk, but we all danced around like crazy. Tae Woo had this idea that he wanted to put me up on his shoulders, so I said okay. Unfortunately, he didn't wait until I was completely on before he went up and ended up dropping me in front of everyone, which was super embarrassing. He wanted to try again and I said no, but I finally gave in again and we were more successful this time. Though he did say that I was a bit heavier than I looked...har har har...

After Jet, we had about an hour until Oasis, the headliner, came on. So we went and hung out by the drink tents and had some cocktails and just talked. Tae Woo wandered over with one of his friends, who was really cute. We talked for a bit and then headed back to go watch Oasis. Oasis rocked my socks off. They were awesome live. Everyone is singing along and dancing and yea, it's hard to explain, but you just had to have been there. Jae Ho already has a little video clip up of all of us singing to "Wonderwall". It was...yea...with the mountains and the music and the friends...Wow. And then they had a giant firework display afterwards. All in all...an awesome show and a night to remember...

Next year, we've decided that we're getting a room at the resort for all three days and spending the whole weekend down there. Oh Jisan Rock Festival...you were great...



No comments:

Post a Comment